South African Geomatics Council

Matric subject required

To enter a University or a University of Technology to study for the various qualifications to become a Professional Surveyor, Technologist, Technician or GIS Practitioner, you will need specific matric subjects.

Please check with the university to make sure your subject choice and pass rate meets the criteria for the relevant qualification.

It is important to note that only the qualifications listed on the   'Where to study'   page are recognised by the South African Geomatics Council as the required academic qualification to register in the listed registration category. Graduates with these qualifications only need to submit their diplomas/degrees and record of practical experience to apply for the law exam and registration.

Persons with other qualifications will have to submit all their academic records including curricula and lecture hours for each particular course to SAGC for consideration.